Easy Ways to Give - Amazon Smile and Shop With Scrip
The Northport Promise has an Amazon Smile account that can make giving to our scholarship fund painless. If you sign up to benefit the Northport Promise through Amazon Smile we get a donation each time you purchase one of the tens of millions of products that qualify for a charitable donation from Amazon.
Here's how you make sure your purchases benefit the Northport Promise.
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Do your shopping and have 0.5% of what you spend donated to the Northport Promise (must be on eligible items, but there are many, many items that are eligible for Amazon Smile.)
- To be sure your purchase is benefitting the Northport Promise check your Order Summary when checking out. Under Order Total you should see a line that reads Supporting: Northport Promise
How to sign up!
You can sign up on your first visit to AmazonSmile. Go to smile.amazon.com and select the Northport Promise to receive donations from your eligible purchases. You must do this before you start shopping. Then, every time you sign in do it at smile.amazon.com.
I'm already signed up for another charity, can I change to the Northport Promise?
You can change your charity. Any purchases made after the change will count toward a donation for the Northport Promise. To change your charity sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser and simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.”
Shop with Scrip
Purchase gift cards from the Northport Promise and we make a percentage of the gift card cost. Gift cards are available for just about every purchase you may make from grocery stores to restaurants to home improvement centers and more. Just email us to learn more.
PO Box 292
Northport, Michigan 49670
Your Gift to The Northport Promise Will Make a Real Difference
If you went to college 30 or 40 years ago... or more... things have changed dramatically. College tuition costs have skyrocketed. A 2015-2016 survey of tuition and fee costs at public universities in Michigan ranged from a low of $7,175 to $14,286 for 24 credit hours. Add to that the cost of books and living expenses and it's not surprising that the average 2016 college graduate has over $37,000 in student loan debt.
We can't erase that debt for Northport graduates but we can help. Each Northport graduate has the opportunity for a scholarship of up to $2,000 a year for four years, but this is only possible through the generosity of many people. You can help.
There Are Many Ways You Can Contribute to The Northport Promise
A contribution to the Northport Promise is an investment in our future. There is no better way to create a healthy community than to invest in the education of our children.
If you're interested in helping The Northport Promise help Northport students with college costs, consider a one-time gift, a recurring gift or a planned gift.
GIVE ONLINE: You can contribute to The Northport Promise fund at the Leelanau Township Community Foundation. If you'd like your contribution to go directly to the foundation's account you can do it online at their site by following this link. When you do:
- The first screen you see will prompt you to enter the amount of your contribution. There are some suggested contribution levels or you can check"Other" and type in the amount you'd like to give.
- The second screen will confirm your contribution amount and ask for your contact information.
- The third screen will ask you for your name, address, whether you want to make a general contribution or a contribution in honor of or in memory of someone. Because the foundation manages many funds you'll need to check the Northport Promise fund. Go to the Education and Literacy category and choose Northport Promise Scholarship Fund.
- On the fourth screen you'll enter your billing and credit card information.
SEND A CHECK: You can also send a check; made payable to the foundation to:
Leelanau Township Community Foundation
PO Box 818
Northport, MI 49670
Please specify in the memo line that the donation is for The Northport Promise. To contact the foundation office, call 231-386-9000. Contacting the foundation is best if you want to discuss a donation of stock